Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How I got back into crafting.

I think it was with our wedding. I had my own business, Just My Type Letterpress, and was printing my own invitations. I also was a part of theknot.com, an online community of psycho overachiever brides who would post every little detail about their weddings on their profiles. Many of them were DIYers, and I knew I could be too. These are just a couple of the things I did for our wedding besides the extravagant invitation packages:

I cut out the images from our invitations and decoupaged them on wooden boxes I had finished. The one with redwood & roses was for our rings during the ceremony, and the smaller ones were thank you gifts for our ring bearer and flower girl.

I made these necklaces from freshwater pearls and twisted wire links for myself and my bridesmaids.

I could go through our wedding pics for more examples of craftiness there, but I have lots of catching up to do, so it's just not going to happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment