Sunday, October 17, 2010

some for me, some for Ava.

I made two purses for myself, both of them just in time before vacations. The navy blue one was from Amy Karol's book Bend the Rules Sewing. (I bent the rules, and her pattern a bit.) The fabric was from IKEA. I made it before our Pacific Northwest roadtrip/family reunion vacation in August 2009.

The mostly red one was from a design I created based on what I liked and didn't like about the previous purse. I kept and refined the inner pockets, added a long strap so I can sling it across my body and changed the bottom gusset structure. This purse is way better -- it doesn't slide off my shoulder when I have to chase or pick up Ava. This one was completed before our vacation to San Diego in September 2010. Fabric is from Momo's "Wonderland" line.

Since Sara shared her super easy skirt pattern with me, I have made several of them. I made another one last night that didn't make it into the picture. I find Ava, now 2-1/2, has an easier time using the potty when she's wearing a skirt.

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, where have I been? I guess I knew you had a blog but didn't know you kept it up. I am SO glad! I love seeing all your fantastic things!!! The printed shirts: so artfully done! I've been yearning to do skirts too. Love these (would like to see them close up). Anyway, I could comment away but I just wanted to say I love your blog and think you are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete