Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something for me!


Kathryn got me two balls of fantastic raspberry-colored wool yarn for my birthday. Finally, between Christmas and New Year's Eve, I had a chance to make a hat with it. I found the pattern on ravelry.com, plunked down $5 and started crocheting. It took me one night to complete the cap, and a little over an hour to finish the brim the next day. I put it on and it was too small. Gah! But that's one of the things I love about crochet. It's easy to take out and fix your mistakes. So, I took out 75% of the finished hat, put in another round of increases, and finished the rest of the hat the same way I had done before. This time it fit perfectly. :) I get lots of compliments whenever I wear it, and it's comfortable and warm. Thanks, Kat!

No comments:

Post a Comment