Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas gifts for friends

 For my friend, Kathryn, who is an extremely prolific knitter, but kept her needles in a plastic shopping bag, needle cases. I purchased the case for circular needles from Chicken Boots on Etsy. Disclaimer: the woman behind Chicken Boots is a friend of mine, and her work is awesome. I made the straight needle case for Kathryn based on old rolls my mom had for keeping our family's fancy silverware. It's made of Amy Butler cotton on the outside and some fleece from my stash on the inside.

As for the other gifts for friends, I crocheted flowers and attached them to hair elastics, clips and a headband for girls ages 3-1/2 and 5. They were a hit, and when Ava saw me working on them, she requested a headband of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment